Monday, June 3, 2013

The same old routine.

Every morning when I let Nina and Oscar out of the chick hutch, Nina heads for the coop to lay her egg. She is very modest and won't use the hutch. In the meantime Oscar is chasing Ethel and Lucy all over the pen. Looks like a rodeo going on in there!


prgrsvimg/th?id=H.4632277887943983&w=80&h=80&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90
OSCAR
                                                                      
 I need more room for them. I decide to put up a branch to use as a roosting bar  - easy to do, just put it through the chain link fence:

                                                                          

This will give them some extra space to get away from him. I pick them both up and set them on the branch. They love it!

Problem solved. Right.....
                                                                    

2 comments :

  1. I do the same with a board in my chicken coop. The higher it is, the better they like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do like to roost a good part of the day. They can see what's going on in the yard and if I'm bringing them any treats!

    ReplyDelete