Saturday, June 15, 2013




Since Ethel is covered in goop, Oscar is really bothering little Nina. She is such a cute little hen, but very feisty. (In other words: nasty)

 She still bites me when I try to take her egg out of the nest. She bites me when I take Lucy's and Ethel's eggs out of the nest. I wish she would spend more time in the pen. I keep checking her to make sure she isn't sick, but she is fine. I guess she prefers the coop to being outside.

                                                          
                                                  
                                                      
Lucy and Ethel always cackle when when they lay eggs. I hear them and I know breakfast is ready.
I go out to the coop and Nina is sitting in her usual spot, but there is only one egg in the other box. Now I  know I heard two distinct cackles. After a while you CAN tell them apart.
                                                         
                                                                   

Now that is very strange......
                                           
Only one egg!

                                                                                                                        
                                                                    

                                                                                                 

No comments :

Post a Comment