Wednesday, June 12, 2013


Food.....

As you have probably guessed by now, my chickens are spoiled rotten. They have a great place to live and do what chickens normally do. I'm lucky that they eat just about anything I give them. Not picky at all. Of course they get the morning meal of crumble (which is a complete meal for them) and always have fresh water throughout the day.

They also eat scraps of lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, spaghetti, fruit and rice. I also give them a small dish of milk or yogurt for calcium every once in a while. They also love pieces of chicken and pork chops!

                                                 

Sometimes when I have just too many eggs, I'll throw one or two in the pen for them to eat. Lucy, Ethel and Nina have never cannibalized their own eggs, though.

In the winter, it often goes below zero here, so they also get a little bit of warm, plain oatmeal.
                                                              
                                                                     
                                                                     

My chicken live a pretty good life. Yes, they do!

No comments :

Post a Comment