Monday, June 17, 2013

Little Nina has not come out of the coop to eat breakfast (again).

I open the nest box lid and see her laying there. Doing absolutely nothing. She gives me a very dirty look, so I don't bother to pick her up. Not in the mood to get bitten.


                                                             

 I figure she'll go out to eat later. She isn't skinny, so food is getting in there!

 While I'm  there I might as well get the other two eggs. I see Lucy's egg there but not Ethel's.

Now this is two days in a row that I haven't gotten an egg from Nina and Ethel. Maybe Oscar is bothering them too much. I put him in the run and close the gate to the pen. He does not like it, but maybe it will give the girls a rest.

I'm down to a dozen eggs. There had  better be more tomorrow......

2 comments :

  1. "Little Nina has not come out of the coop to eat breakfast (again)."

    Possibly gone "broody." I have one of my twelve in that state now. She won't lay eggs in the broody state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! You're right Dave - She was unbelievable. I could write an entire book on her!
    Thanks for stopping by today and please visit often!

    ReplyDelete