Thursday, June 20, 2013

The next morning Lucy and Ethel are cackling, so I know their eggs are there.

 After a second cup of coffee I go and let them all out. Even Nina comes out to eat. I lift the nest box lid and see Nina's little egg in her nest but Lucy's and Ethel's are on the floor of the coop!
                                             
Both of them are together right in front of their nest box.

Weird .                             


Maybe because I didn't didn't let them out at the crack of dawn today, the eggs got shoved out of the nest in their mad rush to the door?

                                        
                                        


Lucy and Ethel have never cared about their eggs. They lay 'em and leave 'em and act like they are glad the whole process is over for the day.

Guess I shouldn't let them out late anymore.....                                                         

2 comments :