Thursday, June 12, 2014

Yucky weather

It's been cool and cloudy with drizzle since Monday. Everything is damp and mushrooms are sprouting all over the yard.






Even the girls have been slow on the egg production: Just Laverne left a present.





Since the roof leaks, the pen has been loaded with muddy, slippery poop. I've been cleaning it two, three times a day They won't go out in the run if they even think they are going to get wet.

Some days I want more hens. But with weather like this, I really, really have to think about it....

And Charlie has been up at 3:30 for the past couple of days - he is the last rooster I am EVER going to have!!!!! Honest!


6 comments :

  1. Famous last words lol...We've had storms on and off for two days...My daughter (who lives right behind us) has a horse that was bred to a donkey when she got her. Jup had her baby last Saturday, so we have spent much of this week watching the antics of the baby mule :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More showers for today and tomorrow. (ugh) Bet the baby is adorable! Get your blog going and post pictures-we would all love to see them!

      Delete
    2. Since I only have mobile I haven't been able to figure how to do pictures or even a subscribe feature on mine :(( He is adorable though :))

      Delete
    3. Can you or your daughter send pics to my E-mail? I'll post 'em for 'ya! :0)

      Delete
  2. I'll try...I got a clip of him wiping out in mud tonight that scarred the crap out of me....but it has a lot of my daughter grooming his mama and i'm not sure she would want it posted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Mamahen. No problem! I bet the foal is adorable though - all legs and ears!

      Delete