Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Met a new friend...

Was working in the garden (that's why my hands are dirty - I hate gloves).


And this beautiful creature kept following me around....
.....and stayed on my hands for about 20 minutes!


 Black markings on the top of the wings and white underneath.




Don't know if it is a butterfly or a moth, but it was just so delicate!

'Hope you don't mind me sharing this with you - but it's simple little things like this
 that can make an ordinary day so very special!


7 comments :

  1. A butterfly. And it took a long time to find this:
    http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/species/Speyeria-cybele
    Terry
    Fla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for finding it! Wish you could have seen it - just so amazing!

      Delete
  2. Wow! An amazing everyday experience. I wonder what it was about your hand that caused it to decide to land on it and stay for so long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why, c.w. - just so glad that it did! (still makes me smile) :0)

      Delete
  3. This is so amazing.....I love butterflies....I have a special connection with them ( in my mind anyway) n my baby sister who was killed in a car v tanker accident in 09.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a friend who shares butterfly pics on fb for me. Do you mind if I share this on fb?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very sorry to her about the loss of your sister, Mamahen. Please feel free to share anything that is posted here.

      Delete