Sunday, June 1, 2014

New @3$%!! camera

Anyone out there that can help me?????

Bought a new camera (Sony DSC-W800B) that takes pictures and video - BUT the video files only download in the MOV format. How do I change the video format to AVI to post them in Blogger????

Blogger will not accept the MOV files - I get error messages. I have no problem with the still pictures.

Looked up 'how to' on the webz, but I don't understand how to do it -

Using Windows 8.1


UPDATE:


Totally messed up up my laptop - have to refresh back to day ONE - will try to be back in a few days.

Grrrrrrrrr    :0(






2 comments :

  1. Looking at the instruction manual on line it says the format should be AVI. Maybe check the settings for video recording. Or to get around that, you can open a youtube account and post the video there then copy and embed it into your post :) Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irish, but the video downloaded as a MOV file. ex: M0V00278. I can play it on my laptop but cannot download it to Blogger (says there is an error.) Guess I'll try again and use the You Tube thingy - I'm bushed. Don't understand the instructions for the stupid camera. Way too many things on there that I'll never, ever use. Too old for all this newfangled crap. Having a nice glass of wine and will worry about it tomorrow. Thanks again! ;o)

      Delete