Sunday, February 26, 2017

Easy Listening for a Sunday Afternoon

Robert Goulet





If Ever I Would Leave You

If ever I would leave you
It wouldn't be in summer.
Seeing you in summer
I never would go.
Your hair streaked with sunlight,
Your lips red as flame,
Your face with a lustre
That puts gold to shame!
But if I'd ever leave you,
It couldn't be in autumn.
How I'd leave in autumn
I never will know.
I've seen how you sparkle
When fall nips the air.
I know you in autumn
And I must be there.
And could I leave you
Running merrily through the snow?
Or on a wintry evening
When you catch the fire's glow?
If ever I would leave you,
How could it be in springtime?
Knowing how in spring I'm bewitched by you so?
Oh, no! not in springtime!
Summer, winter or fall!
No, never could I leave you at all!



(.....sigh)

4 comments :

  1. When I compare this to what passes for music today, I just want to weep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't they write songs like that anymore?? :o(

      Delete
  2. Thought he was great with Leslie Nielsen in the Naked Gun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You're right - i had forgotten he was in that movie!

      Delete