Monday, August 26, 2013

The Next Time....




..... I try to put Amos in, it is pouring rain.  Usually I always clean the pen and the run after the chickens go in for the night. The night before the rain I didn't. This is what I get for being lazy - the oozing, poopy, slippery kind of mud is all over. (I call this wonderful mixture "Moop") And it smells. Yuck!
                                                                      
                                                   




Now I have to clean the pen before everyone can come out to eat. This moop mixture is heavy, so I drag the poop cart as close to the pen gate as  I can get it. Even though there is a roof (sort of) on the pen, the rain still gets in. I put fresh hay down and fill the feeder, and put in fresh water. Amos goes in the pen an starts to eat.  I let the others out. Same thing happens again.  Amos goes back to the hutch. I go back to the house dripping wet.

Maybe I should get a dog instead.......

                                                       

No comments :

Post a Comment