Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ethel Update.....

Poor girl was on the deck most of the day yesterday. Lucy came up to pay her a visit in the afternoon. She still had the runs and really wasn't interested anything, but she did eat some mushed banana,  a small bowl of thinned out oatmeal,  the inside (without the seeds and skin) of a small tomato from our garden and drank a lot of water. At night she went into the coop with the others. This morning she came out with the rest and ate a tiny bit of her feed which I had crushed. When I picked her up to check her over I noticed she has lost an awful lot of weight. Very boney, but had no runny poo today. I just finished giving her a couple tablespoons of turkey dinner cat food which she just gobbled up. She's hungry and that is a good sign, but I have to watch what she eats. She'll be on a soft diet with no raisin treats. Electrolytes are being added to her water for the rest of the week, also. I hope she gets back to her miserable self soon. I would really, really miss her.                                                 


                                                         sick chicken photo:  chickensoup.gif
 Stupid chickens....................   






                                                            

No comments :

Post a Comment