Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Two of my favorite things........

........... Carousels and Steampunk! Hop on for a great ride!






Le Manège d'Andrea (Andrea’s Merry-go-round) is a carousel that was built by la machine in Toulouse, France, in 1999 under the artistic and technical direction of François Delaroziér. The ride was made with materials such as wood, leather, glass, iron, feathers, steel, tin and copper, together with several pieces from junk (motorbikes, electric fans, etc.). Every figure or seat has several mechanisms that can be activated by the children riding them. Some examples include a steering wheel on the Petit Poisson that activates gears that turns the head and tail of the fish, a lever on the seahorse that nods its head, and a crank on a steam engine that releases "steam".










6 comments :

  1. OK. I'm not getting much done today and it is all your fault for posting stuff as fun as a steampunk carousel. I had to watch that video several times in order to see all the different rides. And I will likely have to watch it a couple more times later this evening. That is just way past cool! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could spend all day (or maybe two) on that....... :o)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful, magical carousel...thank you, thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my! How to decide which one to pick if you only get one ride? :o)

      Delete
  3. Yes, Carousels!! Just wonderful! I have great memories of a particular carousel in Braddock Heights Maryland Park when I was a little girl in the 50's. Riding the huge, raging stallions that charge around the periphery - leaning out to grab the Brass Ring (or any ring, actually!!) Such fun.

    But this is great too, I love the imaginative creatures and, if I ever go back to Europe (unlikely, for a variety of politikally inkorrect reasons), this will be on my list!


    Fair Winds,

    Cap'n Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many a time the carousel was the only time I got to ride a horse! If you ever get to Europe again Capn' Jan, take a spin for me! :o)

      Delete