Thursday, April 21, 2016

Another quiet day....

Not much got done in Coopville today - my brother decide to come up  for a visit and we spent most of the day chatting away. 'Hope it won't be another year before I see him again!

Anyhoo, these are the only pics I took yesterday:


 The usual suspects:


 Finally finished and hung up the new bird house:


 Hubby rotor-tilled this stretch of land for me. This is where I'm going to plant the corn.


He'll add more manure and turn it under again. Can't plant until May, though.
When it starts to grow, we may have to put some sort of fencing around it.
For the damn deer, you know...

:o)

6 comments :

  1. Yes, I know all too well about the deer. They're part of what put me out of the Christmas tree business years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon there will be hundreds and hundreds of acres of corn growing around here, but I just KNOW they will prefer mine! :o(

      Delete
  2. How good.
    I've been working on my little "Salad Bowl" garden, and took the chance of planting early...4 kinds of lettuce, chard and cilantro. Still have some chicken wire to put over the top of it to keep the cats out of it... :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta have basil! Will start them and the lettuce indoors this weekend - then they go into the deck rail boxes when the chance of frost is over. Just love the scent of basil when you run your hands over the top of it!

      Delete
  3. We will want photos of the garden's progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course - I want everyone to see how much fun a garden can be! Going to try new stuff this year, too!

      Delete