Thursday, March 12, 2015

Out of the pen!

It was quite warm yesterday, so I tried to get rid of some of the ice around the pen:


 


 Laverne and Shirley came out first. Charlie was last.
 

 He just hates to get his feet wet. Notice the one new feather growing out his bare neck!
(Poor Charlie!)
 

 They are looking for something green to much on....


... but there is nothing for them yet.


 After a few minutes they wandered back to the pen where it was dry:



It's been hard on them this Winter. I hope we have a nice Spring and Summer. There were quite a few nights where I didn't think they would make it through the bitter, bitter unrelenting cold.



4 comments :

  1. I bet even the animals are "thinking spring!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Charlie is - told him I was getting more hens soon! LOL :o)

      Delete
  2. .I wondered on days when you post about having to change the water because it was frozen, if they would make it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was mixing cat food in with some feed before they went in for the night - digesting the food helped them generate some body heat since there were only three of them in that big coop. I guess it worked, Mamahen! :o)

      Delete