Thursday, November 13, 2014

Snow prep

Weatherman said we might get some snow tonight with temps dropping down into the 20's. Sooo....
yesterday I had some coop work to do:

Let Charlie and the girls out to look for bugs: 


Put some plastic around the pen to keep the snow out.  I just used clothes pins to hold it up for now.


Shoveled and swept the pen:


Raked out the run:


 Put extra hay in the coop:


Lucy likes to take a nap by the gate, so I made her spot comfy:


Fresh hay in the pen:


 Some treat for the gang to pick at:



When I  finished, Laverne took a peek to see what was done:




Later this morning, Hubby and I will go to Tractor Supply and get a new tarp to put over the top of the pen. It will have to do until next year when we can put a real roof on it.

We're  all set - let it snow!


2 comments :

  1. We are suppose to have a chance of snow also....Florida sounds better n better...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Palm trees are nice, but I don't think I could take the heat and humidity down there. Would have to live in air conditioning all the time!

      Delete