Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Night Steam

Let's take a closeup tour of a great train museum in Pennsylvania!





It's quite a long video - almost half and hour. So grab a cuppa or a cold one, sit back and enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania - Official Site at:

http://www.rrmuseumpa.org/              

(Note: You may have to copy and paste the site into your browser)


Please stop by  the above for lots of wonderful information - but be prepared to spend
quite a bit of time there! 



5 comments :

  1. That is a huge collection of restored equipment stored indoors. And that website is great. I learned that even the early diesel- electric locomotives had oil fired steam to heat the coaches. Site bookmarked.

    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it - was surprised to find so much information there, And the pictures are wonderful!

      Delete
  2. I tried commenting a few times, but for some reason didn't get it to publish. Perhaps it is in moderation?

    Any road, love the site, love the trains, the doo-wop!

    Oh, by the way, the rocks? I live on ledge, partly decomposed ledge. My backhoe doesn't make a dent in it, unless I first bring in a skid loader with a hammer bit on it! Now them's rocks!

    Fair Winds,

    Cap'n Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so that comment took. Hmmm. Perhaps it wasn't keen on my sign line which included my website?
    Could be. I'll try to reconstruct that comment later, or maybe just keep watching for more fun!!

    Cap'n Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you are having trouble commenting - I don't use moderation. Sometimes with Blogger I can't comment on other sites- happened to me the other day! Twice! You can always E-mail me at:
      mychickensmom@gmail.com Glad you enjoy the posts! :0)

      Delete