Thursday, September 4, 2014

Another odd one......



Poor Lucy! After spending about 30 minutes in the nest box, she decided to join the rest of the gang in the yard.

This is what I found when I went to look:


 Now that is one strange looking egg!
 


Here it is next to the little one she made the other day:


The new egg is a lot longer than the other one. Both eggs have a good solid shells.

I'll break them open today and give it to them for a treat. The last little egg did not have a yolk in it. It will be interesting to see if these two have any. I wonder if Lavern and Shirley will go though the same thing when they get as old as Lucy........



4 comments :

  1. I do remember seeing some odd shaped eggs as a child at home, but my egg allergies were so bad I wasn't allowed to break them open so don't know about the yolks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often Lucy will lay an egg with no shell-just the membrane and a yolk in side. I call them rubber eggs. Chickens are weird sometimes. Sorry about your egg allergies. :o(

      Delete
  2. some hens if given eggs will develop a taste for them and will start pecking eggs in the nesting boxes if your going to feed them the eggs cook them first your friend truckwilkins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only Evil Ethel would peck at eggs, but with her gone now, the others have not learned to do that. When I get more hens though, I will have to keep an eye on them. Thanks for stopping by and commenting - always glad to see you visit!

      Delete