Tuesday, March 4, 2014

No snow for us!


Yesterday was more of the same cloudy, cold weather. The snow storm missed us this time, yippie!




Not too much to do outside, so I made a meat loaf for dinner:



Still had a lot of mixture left over. What to do? Meatballs!


Made about 16 of 'em and sealed them in a waxed paper cereal bag (I save them for freezing stuff).

 
 Then popped that bag  into a freezer bag with note of the contents and date:
 



For the next few nights, the temps are going to be below zero again, so while the meatloaf was a-cooking, I added more hay to the coop ...............



\
 .... while the little darlings got some time out of the pen:



Around supper time the sky started to clear:



And that's how I spent my Monday afternoon!



6 comments :

  1. Meatloaf sounds yummy.We had a clear but cold day. Bitter cold last night. They say their is a warming trend on the way. We'll see!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meat loaf was good - perfect for a cold day! It's 3 outside now, should get warmer by the weekend.
      Clocks go forward next week - does that mean Spring? :0)

      Delete
  2. I could give you a mailing address and you could send the meat balls this way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good - same as the meatloaf - made with breadcrumbs, salt, ground pepper, onions, celery, garlic, a fresh egg from the coop, spices and a dollop of mustard! Yummy! (make some tonight!) :0)

      Delete
  3. No snow for us either. :) 74 right now. Donna is making me some strawberry jam today. Yum. 'tis the season for strawberries now.
    The meatballs looked so good I decided to have spaghetti for supper. No meatballs so I will have some Italian sausage with it.
    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's O.K. - you can gloat - it's 14 here.......... Trade 'ya the meatballs for the jam! Sausage is good too (but my meatballs are better)! :0)

      Delete