Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Go fly a kite!

Remember how much fun it was?





The paper ones used to cost 10 cents and we couldn't wait to get home to unroll them. Mom would tear up an old rag into thin strips so we could make a tail for it. Then off we would go to an empty lot and fly them until the paper tore.

http://wallpaperhdfree.com/kites-festival-celebration-hd-desktop-wallpapers/colorful-kites-in-sky-hd-desktop-wallpaper/



We would save the framing sticks an make another one out of a paper bag and mucilage.


File:MODOMucilage.jpg


Had a lot of fun for only a dime back then!


6 comments :

  1. I never lost my love of flying kites :)) Up untill about 10 yrs ago every spring at least once I would find a kid, mine or someone else's and go flying, including the first yr my daughter was old enough and my leg was in a cast lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Mamahen - I still keep a plastic one in my Jeep! You just never know when the right time will come along! :0)

      Delete
  2. Darn..now I want to go fly a kite :))

    ReplyDelete