Saturday, December 14, 2013

Storm prep...

Friday, a winter storm warning was issued for our area here in N/W Jersey. Have to make sure everyone will be nice 'n comfy! Put down lots of fresh hay and filled in the gaps between the studs under the windows. They pull all that out when they get bored. (It keeps 'em busy!)



Cleaned the pen and put down hay for them to scratch in. I had them out in the yard for a little bit but they didn't like it- still too much snow for them. Charlie was hopping from one foot to the other.




Note the plastic sheeting that keeps the snow and wind out of the pen. Not pretty, but it works.

If you have to drive in the storm, please be careful out there!
.

4 comments :

  1. I wish EVERYONE took time to consider their animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby thinks sometimes I go a wee bit overboard! They would be fine with just the basics, but I enjoy spoiling them,

      Delete
    2. I always say if you aren't gonna take care of a critter , don't have them, tho my hubby says I spoil my girls too lol.

      Delete
    3. We are just ol' softies, Mamahen!

      Delete