Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ice

Had a lot of  ice on the ground yesterday (Monday) morning. Everything was frozen solid.

                                                 



Hubby had to salt the deck and the path to the chicken coop so I could let them out to eat.
Each blade of grass was frozen and crunched when I walked on it. The gates to the run and the pen were frozen, too.

Everyone was hungry and for once there was no bickering among them. They stayed in the pen all day and did not even go in the run. Smart chickens!



Kind of blurry - I slipped :0(

 Supposed to get more snow. Please be careful out there!


4 comments :

  1. Oh, I am, Gorges. Don't want to fall again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went out to feed my chickens Sunday morning, and it took three sharp kicks to break the ice on their water bucket. That's mighty cold for central California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know it got that cold out your way! It's still snowing here but should end soon..

      Delete