Friday, November 8, 2013

Cat Carrier

Had to borrow my neighbor's cat carrier to put one of the roosters in. Hubby and I will drive around to all the farms and see if they want one. If not .....




It's just impossible to keep them both. All this is my fault and I really felt guilty. I never thought ahead on what the problems would be. If I had a whole bunch of hens, they could both stay and live out their lives being pampered. If I was going to raise them for meat there would be no question about keeping them.  But I couldn't kill them. Not when they follow me around like puppies and beg for treats.
It's their eyes. Stupid chicken eyes. 

Ethel, when she was really, really sick




It's so hard because I watched them hatch and grow up. I'm not going to have anymore chicks. It's too upsetting to have to let them go. I've learned my lesson.



fr

8 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. The old saying is true "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen". I just was too fond of them. Hubby grew up on a small farm and he warned me. But as usual, I didn't listen! :0)

      Delete
  2. there will only be one rooster.when u want chicks buy pullets.we have had chickens forever,more than 1 rooster is always settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Anon. I learned the hard way - one rooster is all my small flock can handle.
      (and me too!)

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry! As you know birds are not my thing, but I couldn't bare the thought of giving up one of my girls :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learned my lesson, Mamahen ... so all was not wasted. Still have one of 'em!

      Delete