Monday, May 16, 2016

Poultry show

Come along on the ride as we look for new girlfriends for Charlie!


 The fairgrounds are only six miles from Coopville, so it's a short trip - but very scenic!


 This is horse and cow country- so there are lots of paddocks and barns,








 Lots and lots of Silkies in all different colors!





More Silkies


 Big 'uns!


 All these little darlings were NOT for sale.










 I was getting desperate: 

 
 We should have been there at 7:30.  The only ones left to be bought were roosters and a bunch of hens that had their beaks and nails clipped. Couldn't tell how old they were either, and I wasn't going to waste my money on them.

Talked to one of the breeders there and he said he will have more  pullets for sale in about ll or12 weeks. He invited us to his farm (which is only a few miles away) so I could look them over and pick out what I need. He has different breeds including Rhode Island Reds. Needless to say, Hubby and I will be making a trip to his farm and pick out three or four new hens for Charlie! 


Hang in there, Charlie....
 Your goose isn't cooked yet!
 :o)


8 comments :

  1. Are you sure that is not a skunk in the one silkie cage?

    The variety is amazing.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots and lots of Silkies there. They are getting to be very popular now. I'll post more photos tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. You are a "Poultry Fancier" now??? From Chickenmom to that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I ain't fancy at all - just a chickenmom with a poopie shovel! :o)

      Delete
  3. Three or four? A certain rooster should be ecstatic!

    I really like your farm photos on your post. Very scenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! He'll be sleeping longer in the mornings...... :o)
      It's beautiful in my little corner of Joisey; I could never live any place else! Will post pics on the ride back home tomorrow.

      Delete