Thursday, May 26, 2016

Busy, busy, busy!

Yesterday was HOT! Hubby got the filthy deck power washed.

It was so yucky and dirty!
 

 It hasn't been painted in three years and oh, does it ever need it!


 He was on a roll, so he did the whole house too!

Lucky me - I got to do the coop, pen and run!

 Raked and swept out the coop....

 ...and the pen. There were mushrooms growing under all the hay!


 Power washed the entire coop with disinfectant.


 Power washed layers and layers of rock hard poop:


 It took a couple of hours for everything to dry well enough to sprinkle this down everywhere.


 Fresh shavings in the pen


 and the coop:

(Even the coop windows and screens got washed) 

 Some precious straw was scattered about. The nest boxes and the coop got most of it.


 Then lots and lots of nice, sweet smelling hay!


More hay:


 A late afternoon meal in a clean pen!


Today we paint the deck. If I have any energy left I'll do the coop.
If not, I don't mind at all waiting to do it another day!

:o)




8 comments :

  1. Ye Gads! Y'all make me tired just looking at all this!
    Makes me remember why I don't want to do it again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets harder and harder to keep up every year! (That coop will make a really, really nice garden shed some day. Or a nice little barn for a little goat)!

      Delete
    2. Our little chicky house is in the back now. Hubby has designs for it to be something, eventually.

      Delete
    3. Hubby said ours would make a nice tool shed....

      Delete
  2. I'll bet you felt tired but very satisfied after all that labor! Reminds me of the jobs I gotta get done this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These old bones are still hurting - the coop painting will have to wait until the weekend!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Of course!~ They just love to poop all over a clean pen!

      Delete