Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Two legs, four legs

Charlie's tail feathers are finally growing long again. He must know it, too - he's getting frisky!



 Had to put up the plastic around the pen again - the wind is getting cold and I don't want them running into the coop all the time. Looks horrible, but it stops the drafts:


The neighbor's horses - not much grass left to chomp on!


 I usually walk over every day and talk to them for a bit....


 .... even though they know I am not bringing any treats.


I love watching them  - especially when they chase each other. They love to run around!

:o)


4 comments :

  1. E-gad I miss horses! I grew up with them and as Sally Field said to James Garner in "Murphy's Romance", I didn't know what hair rollers WERE until I was 16 years old.

    I was all about horses... Now too old to have them, as they are big, strong and can be dangerous, even if inadvertently. I no longer bounce!

    As to the pen looking a little poorly due to the plastic wrap. Heck, they are your babies! You gotta take care of them!!


    Fair Winds

    Cap'n Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh.. I always wanted to be owned by a horse, but it was never to be. Don't ride anymore either. I have enough trouble just walking. LOL! Maybe for next year I can make frames for the plastic - it wont look so shabby then, but it keeps the gang dry and that's all that matters to me. Murphy's Romance is my favorite movie, by the way..... :o)

      Delete
  2. Murphy's Romance is your favorite movie? WHY am I not surprised, sister??
    Fair Winds

    Sister Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I got a new sibling, and at my age, too! Wonderful! :o)

      Delete