Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Early Monday morning

Hubby and I get up pretty early every day. Yesterday was no different. First thing I do is check to see if the coop light is on. It was. Made coffee and was enjoying that first cup when Hubby said the light just blew in the coop. Damn - this is how cold it was outside:

                                                                    -5


Hubby was kind enough to go out and change the bulb for me! He's such a sweetheart!


When I went out to feed them, the temp was the same - the sunlight made no difference whatsoever!



It was just too cold to let them out, so they got fed inside the coop.

I let them out in the afternoon when the sun was hitting the pen. They were glad to get out for a bit.




While theywere in the pen, I cleaned the coop out a little bit and put in fresh hay. Of course Charlie hates when I do that, so he had to make his inspection:


Still don't really know why he does that.......


No comments :

Post a Comment