Thursday, July 10, 2014

Coopville Mystery


Charlie was up early yesterday (again) so I let them out around 6:15 to eat. Didn't notice anything at all unusually. Did some chores and  then Hubby and I took off for Tractor Supply and bought a  pump sprayer. We are infested with those damn Japanese beetles.

Came back home and made an early lunch then when out to let the chickens loose to catch some bugs. This is what I saw:

Feathers:



 Lots and lots of feathers:




 Really, really big clumps of feathers:


 Charlie and the girls were waiting by the gate - they were just fine! Wheew!
I had nest of little wrens living under the tarp that covers the pen. I let them stay there until the babies could fledge, which they did..

 

 But something tore the tarp apart while we were gone and pulled out the nest.
 

 Don't know if was a hawk or a raccoon.



Any ideas on who the culprit could be??




5 comments :

  1. I was worried for you for a minute there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stomach did a flip-flop when I saw all the feathers.....I would have been devastated if anything had happened to them. But, they were fine - just upset that I didn't let them out of the pen right away. I ran back to the house to get the camera.

      Delete