Friday, October 18, 2013

Coopville

Having two roosters and two hens is not much trouble yet. Meaning: no blood being shed. Charlie has learned if he stays away from Goldie, he won't get bit. Smart rooster!

 Lucy and Ethel are getting plenty of exercise running from Goldie. I let them out in the yard a couple times a day by themselves so they can get some rest. When I put them back in, I let the boys out.


 

The girls are eating more but not gaining any weight.  I am getting two eggs each day, so I know they are not really stressed - just annoyed. Still considering getting more hens in the Spring if I decide to keep the two boys.

When I mention it, Hubby just rolls is eyes....

http://gallopingtintypessilents.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/tempest-john-barrymore-louis-wolheim-camilla-horn-silent-movie-animated-gif-get-a-room.gif?w=610





2 comments :

  1. I'm sure the hens would appreciate not being the constant center of Goldie's attention. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad Boy Goldie focused on only two things: the ladies and food!

      Delete