Thursday, October 1, 2015

New neighbors

Our neighbors (they moved in a month before we did) have finally bought their horses home!

Hubby and I were invited over to meet them:


 Two lovely mares!







It's going to be absolutely wonderful having horses so close!


We had a heavy rainstorm Tuesday night and we lost a couple of limbs from the trees:


But it was a good day to make apple pie:


Charlie and Laverne must have smelled it baking - they came up on the deck looking for a treat:



We also did some errands in the morning - Hubby got another extra new chain for the saw, stopped in the grocery store for some supplies and we filled up an extra gas can just in case the storm hits us this weekend. We're all set  - we really didn't need to go out, but someone ate all the potato chips....


6 comments :

  1. You need the potato chips.I have left people's houses to buy them and come back because they were out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a "must" for survival food - potatoes are good for you! :o)

      Delete
  2. Horses.. One of the reasons I wish I were younger... I would not outlive a young horse, and riding is probably far beyond my powers at 65 (I no longer bounce ;->). But perhaps an older horse or two, a horse in their 20's that need a nice quiet place to live out their lives. I'll never ride again, but I would love to have a couple of Great Big Pets!

    Fair Winds,

    Cap'n Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always dreamed of being owned by a horse, but it was never to be. I cannot ride anymore either.
      These old bones are too brittle now and another fall would do me in for sure. But I still have the memories of racing with the wind! ~ ~ :o)

      Delete
  3. They do make two person non-racing sulky's.
    You can still take the horse out and ride in comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice. The horse ranch down the road even has a track for them!

      Delete