Monday, May 12, 2014

Not yet, Colonel Sanders!

Can't keep a good chicken down!


When a wandering chicken crossed the road it was smashed head-on by a car then put a huge hole in the bumper - but it miraculously survived the ordeal


Playing chicken: The car came out worse in the encounter

A plucky poultry played chicken with a car travelling at 70mph - and the car came off worse.
Driver Huang Lingyong, 31, was at the wheel when the bird-brained pedestrian suddenly crossed the road in front of him.
But instead of squashing the chicken and leaving it as roadkill, it smashed a huge hole in his bonnet, where it stayed until the car stopped moving.
The accident happened near an industrial park in Xinfeng county in south China’s Jiangxi province.
Huang said: "I braked because I am an animal lover and didn't want to harm the chicken.
"But it was too late. I heard a sickening thud and I thought the chicken had gone to meet his ancestors.
"I stopped the car, got out and walked around to the front. There was a hole in the bodywork and the chicken wedged inside.
"I thought it must be dead but then I heard a cluck-clucking and bent down to look closer. It was a little shaken up and its feathers all ruffled, but otherwise OK."


 The motorist pulled Chicken survives being hit at 70mph but breaks car
Tough chicken: Huang Lingyong rescued the plucky bird
He added: "It seemed to me to be a very good advert for the durability of chickens and a very bad one for the quality of the car that I was driving.
"I took some video with my phone and uploaded the pictures on to the web and I was not surprised when there was a lot of feedback from people who shared my opinion of the car."
The car manufacturer, a Japanese company, have insisted the bumper of the car, which was so easily destroyed by poultry, is not part of the original design, but is actually a cheap Chinese copy.

4 comments :

  1. Must be a really well-made vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think - that's where our car parts come from! So difficult to find anything made in America for the auto industry. Might be put together here, but the material and parts come from China.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He's lucky he didn't hit anything heavier than that poor chicken - his car would have been destroyed!

      Delete