Friday, January 24, 2014

Just so darn cold out!

Not much going on with this cold weather. Everyone is kept in the pen during the day. They wouldn't venture out on the ice and snow anyway. I toss rice and Cheerios and cover it with a lot of hay. This keeps them busy scratching around looking for treats and avoids cabin fever.

Usually I lock them in for the night when it starts getting dark. It's just so cold out, I put them in earlier. The coop has been heated with the 100 watt light bub. It does work and keeps them from freezing as it's been below zero every night.

Finding a good spot to snuggle in.

Lucy waiting for Ethel to move from under the light.

Charlie is not happy that I am taking pictures through the window.


I will be SOOOOOOO happy when the temps stay in the 20's! Won't be for a while though - this cold weather is going to be with us for another week. Brrrrr!

2 comments :

  1. -4 Here this a.m.....I think everyone is more than ready for spring brrrr. I don't even want to get out of bed this morning :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Mamahen! Flannel and thermals are are keeping us warm. It's 0 here. Don''t even know what the wind chill is.....

    ReplyDelete