Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Charlie

Hubby changed the bulb to 100 from 60 watts because Ethel and Lucy were hogging all the heat!


Poor Charlie spends a lot of time in the coop out of the bitter cold:



That's Charlie's dish of oatmeal



Here he is just standing under the light. He chases the girls out when they come in:



 The swelling on his wattles has gone down a little bit:

(Notice the 'dirty' look he is giving me????)


He is eating well but not showing any interest in the girls yet. He shakes his head a lot - it probably hurts like h3ll.


8 comments :

  1. I could have done without the last pick....body shudders.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hasn't attacked yet, but I don't think he will. He[s still angry that I try to pick him up to check him over.

      Delete
  2. But thats just me, I am glad he's eating....and some of thecswelling is down!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's young and strong. I think he will make it but he isn't going to be so handsome anymore.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think that last pic scared Mamahen away, Gorges. He looks big, but he is actually shorter than Lucy and Ethel!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. If he doesn't "perk up" soon, I just may have to respond to one of those spam messages..... :o)

      Delete