Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The first day...


The morning cackles let me know that Lucy and Ethel have laid their eggs.

Breakfast time!  I let them out to eat - Nina stays inside the coop as usual.

A small dish of feed is put by her nest box . I'm going to have to be careful to make sure no feed is left in the coop at night - we don't need any mice playing in there!

                                                             maus-0026.gif from 123gifs.eu Download & Greeting Card      

All day long it's pretty quiet at the coop.  No fighting for a change.

In the evening when I lift up the nest box lid, I see Ethel's and Lucy's eggs right where they left them.
Nina is still in the same spot - but her feed has been eaten.

The eggs are removed.

We'll try again tomorrow....                                                                  

No comments :

Post a Comment