Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Nina - The robber!

It's Nina!

That little hen is rolling Lucy's and Ethel's  eggs into her nest and if I didn't see her do it, I wouldn't have believed it!
 
                                                           

Poor Nina wants to be a Mom soooo bad!

I take the eggs out, clean the nest boxes and put Nina outside with the rest so she can eat.

Should I let her hatch some eggs?  If I do, that means more chicks, more work and more poop.

Dunno - going to have to think about this...      





                                         

2 comments :

  1. Yes you do want chicks. They are cute, and they ensure the next generation of layers. Do you use your chickens for meat? If so, that's another reason to go full steam ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love new chicks, but they are a lot of work for this old gal. I guess if the SHTF I'd have to butcher and eat them. (would break my heart though)

      Delete