Friday, August 5, 2016

Wasn't home for ....

.... most of the day yesterday. Hubby and I had a lot of errands to run. Anywhoo, the gang wasn't out in the yard at all. I felt guilty so I gave them a big handful of corn. That's Charlie making all the noise.

Laverne ( the old one with the floppy comb) still pecks at poor Maude.

 Mr. "get up and feed me - it's three o'clock in the morning already" is losing a lot of feathers. The long ones on his tail will be the last to go. I've found a lot of his wing feathers in the coop. Seems he takes longer to molt than the girls.





The tomatoes are getting ready to pick:


Decided to keep the squash in the old tub. The rabbits don't seem to bother them in there:


 One lone sunflower  popped up in there, too!


:o)



2 comments :

  1. Tomatoes! I love them raw with a bare hint of salt and pepper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm- they are good! Grow some cherry tomatoes by a window!

      Delete