Saturday, August 6, 2016

At the Hop!


Here's one you don't hear anymore:

Dion





Drip Drop

Hey, the roof is leakin' and the rain's fallin' on my head, it won't stop
The roof is leakin' and the rain's fallin' on my head, I need a mop
I cried so hard, teardrops on my bed, drippity-drop (yes)
She packed up her bags and she moved out on the midnight train (drip drip)
She's got no brain (drippity-drop)
She packed up her bag and she moved out on the midnight train, (drip drip)
The girl's insane (drippity-drop)
She took my heart, tears rollin' down my drain, (drip drip)
Just like rain (drippity-drop)
My buddy come to see me to give me a tip, tip, tip
I said "Now listen here friend, I tell ya I'm hip, hip, hip"
"Why don't ya mind your own business, shut your lip, lip, lip"
"I know when my girl's gimme me the slip, slip, slip"
I said the roof is leakin',
Rain's fallin' on my head, (drip drip) oh yeah (drippity-drop)
I cried so hard, teardrops on my bed,
On the floor (drippity-drop) that's what I said
Well, my buddy come to see me to give me a tip, tip, tip
I said "Now listen here friend, I tell ya I'm hip, hip, hip"
"Why don't ya mind your own business, close your lip, lip, lip"
"I know when my girl's gimme me the slip, slip, slip"
I said the roof is leakin',
Rain's fallin' on my head (drip-drip) drippity drop (drip-drip)
Well, I cried so hard, tears flowin' on my bed (drip-drip)
On the floor (drippity drop) on the rug, and on the wall yeah
Yeah, yeah [To Fade]






dsf

4 comments :

  1. You're right, we don't hear that anymore. I didn't recognize it until I played the video. And we listen to the oldies station a lot. Made #6 in 1963. Maybe it is because we listen to the '50 station. If we listened to the '60 station we would have to put up with "you know who".

    And yes, I caught the train references. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! That horrible, horrible "you know who" - ruined R&R. Stay on the 50's station!

      Delete
  2. Charted the year I was born...'63, I have not heard that one in forever! You Thrill Me Chickenmom...with wonderful "At The Hop" music! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, Lisa - it was a wonderful time with great rock 'n roll music, dancing and cars! Try to watch "America Graffiti" if you can. It REALLY was like that back then! :o)

      Delete