Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Funny egg


Poor Sophia! She is Charlie's favorite lately and she is just worn out. Might have to separate them during the day until she gets some rest.

Maude usually lays her eggs early in the morning. This egg was in the nest box later in the day. Those are not cracks in the shell - just calcium lines. The darker spots are dents or hollows. It's just an odd looking egg!





Anywhoo,  I had a loud mouth visitor while I was in the kitchen. Can you guess?




He was upset because I didn't run to the door fast enough with a treat.

Stupid rooster......




6 comments :

  1. I remember seeing an egg like that with mine...no shell, just a leathery cover. I thought maybe they weren't getting enough calcium or something. I began crushing their egg shells in the kitchen and adding it to their feed. Don't know if it made a diff or not, since I didn't see those kinds of eggs very often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't a rubber egg, Barb - just and odd looking one. She needs a rest from that rascal Charlie!

      Delete
  2. If I get more hens, that means more poopsies. :o( Maybe I should just get pink flamingo lawn ornaments instead. (And give them all names!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food and sex, that's all some guys think about! - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Gorges! Charlie likes 'em in that order (on some days!) :o)

      Delete