Sunday, February 28, 2016

Easy Listening for a Sunday Afternoon

Vaughn Monroe




Dream a little dream of me.


Stars shining bright above you,
Light breezes seem to whisper,
"I love you."
Birds singing in the sycamore trees,
Dream a little dream of me.
Say "nighty night" and kiss me.
Just hold me tight and tell me
You'll miss me.
While I'm alone and blue as can be,
Dream a little dream of me.

Stars fading but I linger on dear,
Still craving your kiss.
I'm longing to linger 'til dawn dear
Just saying this;
"sweet dreams 'til sunbeams find you.
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you.
But in your dreams whatever they be,
Dream a little dream of me."
Orchestra plays the chorus

"sweet dreams 'til sunbeams find you.
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you.

But in your dreams whatever they be,
Dream a little dream of me."

Darling, dream a little dream of me!




8 comments :

  1. Two great songs this weekend. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the tunes! It's fun listening to them again since they aren't played on the radio too much anymore.

      Delete
  2. I thought Mama Cass did a good job on this song. But Vaughn Monroe did it justice first. thanks for this, I really really enjoyed hearing it again.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone remembers hers. Doris Day does a nice rendition of it too, Mr. Rat! www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7j8wa9sWOE

      Delete
  3. We are lucky to have access to a dedicated 50s station. Listen to it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should listen to I Heart Radio for my music more often. Can get it over the internet. Nothing local, though.

      Delete