Friday, February 12, 2016

A differet kind of visitor

Had light snow again:



When I went out to give the gang breakfast I saw these tracks:


 They went all around the house and I traced them to the wood piles way in the back. Must have been a skunk or a raccoon.






Don't need either one of those critters hanging around!


The sunrise was just beautiful - I love how the bare trees turn a golden color:


 We are supposed to get a bitter, bitter cold, windy weekend, so I made sure the coop and pen had a thick layer of fresh shavings and hay. Also turned on the light in the coop for some additional warmth. The girls will probably be OK, but I always worry about Charlie's wattles and his bare neck getting frostbite.


 No spectacular sunset, but it was still nice with fast moving puffy clouds!
 

:o)


2 comments :

  1. Great photos. Didn't have electricity to my chicken house, and it doesn't get that cold here, but when it does if you strap hand warmers to the girls they do ok...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have put one on Charlies head! Poor feller got a little bit of frostbite on his comb. The girls are ok, thankfully! :o)

      Delete