Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Brrrrr!

Still bitter cold and VERY windy here in Coopville. The snow is from last week and it has turned to ice - it crunches when I walk on it:



The gang getting their afternoon treat of oatmeal. The pen is enclosed in plastic except for the gate.
 It is so windy, they won't even go out in the run.


 Charlie gets his oatmeal with raisins. He eats them first:


 Poor Charlie - that's all the feathers that grew back!


 Laverne guarding her tray of oatmeal:


 Was putting fresh hay in the coop when I found this feather in the floor:



 Have no idea where it came from nor what type of bird it belonged to....


....will check under the coop later today to see if there are any freeloaders hiding there.
:o)


UPDATE:

Thanks to Wild River,  the feather has been identified - it's from a turkey!!!  :


4 comments :

  1. Looks mighty cold there. My girls never liked to be out when the wind howled, except for Maude. She was an all weather girl.
    The feather looks like a turkey feather to me. We have a lot of wild turkeys here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are usually a lot of turkeys here too, but I haven't heard nor seen any - will have to look for tracks in the snow!

      Delete
  2. Dang! I hoped to score a brownie point and say it was a turkey feather, but like all of my inventions, it's already been done. : (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry. Sarthurk - you still get a prize in my book! :o)

      Delete