Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tracks

When I went out to feed the chickens yesterday, I found this along the path to the coop:

Deer tracks! They were eating the hay in the poop cart during the night!


Too close to the house.


They ate half of my Rose of Sharon trees.

Tracks all over the place!
 
Right behind that stump is a stone wall with a big drop off to the road. They jumped over it with ease.



A neighbor feeds them all Winter long - I don't know why they have to eat my trees and shrubs. :0(



2 comments :

  1. Part of the reason that I went out of business was the deer eating my trees. It can get to where you start looking at them as 100 pound rats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have several herds of them. At least we would never, ever go hungry. The fawns are cute though.

      Delete