Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Nighty-night

Let everyone stay out in the pen a little longer than usual. The day had been partly sunny and the temps were in the 20's with no wind. The girls need as much daylight as possible for egg production.

The moon was just starting to rise when I went outside to lock them in for the night.





 They were all waiting by the pen gate for their Cheerios treat. I scattered them and the girls raced around trying to see who would get the most. Charlie will not eat them off the ground, but takes them from the palm of my hand. (If I have gloves on, he won't take them)



By the time I finished cleaning up the pen, the sky was dark. With the bright moon and lots of snow on the ground, I didn't even need a flashlight!

Hard to believe we're going to get more snow - the sky was so clear....



No comments :

Post a Comment