Saturday, August 17, 2013

Letting Them Out.....

It was early, early morning. The sun wasn't up yet, but kind of light outside.  I walk to the pen with food and water for all and open the chick hutch and the pen gate to the run. The little guys jumped out and headed for the food. I open the coop and let the others out. They head for the food also.
Until they see the newbies.

      

                                                                 


Now the fun  begins. Oscar goes after Amos and Andy. Lucy, Ethel and Nina chase Charlie and Goldie. I chase Oscar into the run with a big leaf rake and close the gate. I grab Ethel by the legs and put her in the coop.  Nina is next. She bites me. Lucy is running around in the yard. The boys are rounded up and put back in the chick hutch with food and water. Oscar is let back in the pen and so are Ethel and Nina. Lucy is bribed back with food.

It is now quiet. Will have to try again another day. I need coffee and go back into the house.

DH was just about to utter his favorite saying  "I told you so". He decided against it - this time.






                                             

No comments :

Post a Comment