Thursday, August 22, 2013

Even Before the Sun Came Up.....

.... the noise from the coop was unbelievable!

I hadn't even finished my second cup of coffee (I'm up early, usually by 4 am) when I grabbed the feed and fresh water and went out to the coop with a flashlight.

                                                               http://www.wackystock.com/details/229154-royalty-free-rf-clipart-illustration-of-a-woman-wearing-plaid-and-carrying-a-gas-lantern-by-dennis-cox-at-wackystock.jpg


As soon as the latch on the pen gate was opened, all the fighting stopped. Dead silence. Opened the coop door and Oscar, Lucy, Nina, Ethel and Goldie came marching out and headed to the feeder. Not a speck of blood or floating feathers to be seen. Don't know what was happening in there, but all is well now.

Turned around and schlepped back to the house for some fresh coffee.

Stupid chickens....





4 comments :

  1. Stupid chickens???

    Sounds to me like they have finished training you....
    :-)

    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Not yet. I still have a looong way to go!

      Delete
  2. Try 'em dusted in flour, salt pepper and then dipped in hot olive oil....then sleep in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have been tempted many times Stephen, many times. But I can't do it. I'm much more of a chicken than they are. It's their eyes, especially when they look right at me.....

      Delete