Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ethel Update # 3

Evil One survived. She is awfully thin and a wee bit weak, but eating well again - She even gave me an egg today.

She is just too mean to die right now!  (I'm glad, really I am - I would miss her so)



                                                                                    
How could you not love that face???

I know it's only a chicken, but you do get attached to them and their personalities are all different.

Ethel and Lucy are the only ones left of my original six. A bunch have come and a bunch have gone.

Old friends said I would be bored to death when I retired, that I loved working too much, would hate the laid back country bumpkin lifestyle (meaning being poor) just to sit back and raise stupid chickens. Boy, were they ever WRONG!

No comments :

Post a Comment