Thursday, April 2, 2015

Charlie got.....

..... my boot in his arse yesterday morning!


Went to the coop to let them out. First Shirley and then Laverne. Charlie always comes out last because he knows he gets a special treat from me each day. Usually I'm fully dressed, but yesterday I just threw my jacket over my red PJ's. I forgot Charlie hates, just hates them. With a passion.

He spied them and wham! - got me right on my knee with those spurs:


And he got a good swift kick with my work boots!

Damn - that hurt! I can wear any color pants but red. My jacket is red and that doesn't bother him at all. Just those red pajamas.

Anyhoo, it was a nice day and in the afternoon I let them out in the fenced in garden to scratch around for a bit. 

 When I went back out later there were only two of them in there. (Notice Shirley picking on Charlie's new feathers)

 Laverne got out and was in the front digging in a pile of old leaves. Don't know how she


managed it - I didn't think she would be able to fly over the fence. Will have to watch and see if she does it again later today.


4 comments :

  1. Did you threaten to turn him into chicken dumplings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have, but he became Mr.Nice after the boot! He gets feisty sometimes...

      Delete
  2. OUCH! I know how that can hurt! We don't have a rooster, but our neighbor's rooster comes over to flirt with my girls... and he can get nasty at times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie's spurs are so long - but I can't pick him up to trim them. Luckily they look like a ram horn and are turning back down. He's not a bad rooster really, just very protective of his girls! Right after this little snit attack, he was eating out of my hand!
      Thanks for stopping by and please visit again - always, always enjoy seeing and hearing from readers! :o)

      Delete