Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Bluzzard

Nope - we didn't get the blizzard - maybe 5/6 inches or so..... Some spots had more because of the drifts.







 This is how much the snow was blowing around.  The path was clear in the morning. The plastic looks horrible, but it kept the pen dry and that's all that matters. I left the gate open in the afternoon for them, but they wanted no part of it! For next year I'll put the plastic in frames (like screens) to surround the pen. Those and a real roof will make it look a lot nicer - not like the Clampett farm!




 Hubby playing with the snow blower:


It was windy and cold all day - that bothers me more than the snow!



Maybe the weathermen will get it right the next time!



8 comments :

  1. We had flurries all day but little accumulation....but its 14° yuck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Mamahen - you'll get more snow! (and so will we) LOL! :o)

      Delete
  2. You guys have all the tools to handle the weather.
    D
    Fl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - we are ready for almost anything - We learned our lesson with that storm Sandy!

      Delete
  3. Well it could have been worse, you might have been without the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I would really, really miss a lot, but I have plenty of books and my portable radio!

      Delete
  4. We have had beautiful weather in the real N Calif, wild flowers starting to bloom, YeeHaw! Been working in the yard, fertilizing with alfalfa pellets, pruning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous, Brighid - but in a few months I'll be doing the same! I keep lots of plants in the house just to see something green!

      Delete