Friday, September 18, 2015

Sophia

Sophia was fine yesterday morning and gave me a nice egg for breakfast.  The gang spend most of the day in the yard chasing bugs and sunbathing. I put them back in the pen around 3pm.

I let them all out again after supper, but Sophia didn't want to leave the run. She just stood there while the others ran out. I picked her up and she just nestled in my arms. It was a good time to check her over and I didn't find anything wrong with her. She had been eating, drinking and pooping fine all day. Charlie doesn't like it when I pick up any of his girls so when I put her down, he went after her. Laverne and Shirley did the same. Maude ran in the opposite direction.

While they were out, I cleaned the coop, pen and run and put down fresh shavings and hay. I picked Sophia up and put her in the pen. This is where she stayed until it was dark:


She didn't go in the coop for the night with the others, so I placed her in one of the next boxes near a waterer. There is always fresh water in there for the overnight hours.

I hope it's only a bad creepy crawly bug she ate and not something more serious. Will have to wait until the sun comes up to make sure she is OK. I'd hate to lose her, she's a real cutie pie.


6 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. She didn't come out of the coop early this morning, but she did lay an egg. She's with the rest of the gang in the yard now and walking around. Maybe she ate something that didn't agree with her. Thanks for asking! :o).

      Delete
  2. If she is eating and pooping, it should pass... I hope for you that it is so!

    Let us know how she is.

    Cap'n Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cap'n Jan. So far, so good. We have a lot of those little frogs around here - maybe she ate too many! :0)

      Delete
  3. Glad Sophia is doing better! Also, hope that Charlie gets his neck feathers back. Did the girls, indeed, pick them off? Wouldn't surprise me, knowing a lot of chickens in my time.

    Fair Winds,

    Cap'n Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to post pics of Charlie tomorrow - some ARE growing back - but he is still molting. :o(

      Delete