Sunday, May 18, 2014

Poultry Show

Hubby and I went to the  Spring poultry show at the Sussex County Fairgrounds yesterday. (They will have another one in the fall.) There was also a horse show and a fishing derby going on:



But we came for the chickens. I wanted to get two more hens.


Honestly, once of these days I'm going to learn how to use this camera......




They had a few nice coops for sale, but way too expensive:



I was surprised on how few different breeds there were. Lots and lots of roosters (I wonder why?)







These are called "Naked Neck" chickens and they ARE adorable!



A broody hen sitting on an egg she just laid:




This goose was quite vocal!



A tom turkey :



And fluffy ducks:


Didn't see anything that I was willing to pay good money for, but it was a fun couple of hours!



2 comments :

  1. Can't believe you went home empty handed....
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but nothing there really caught my eye - maybe because they were so expensive. Baby chicks were five dollars apiece. I'll try again at their fall show!

      Delete