Thursday, May 15, 2014

More from Dad's Suitcase

Another picture from Dad's negatives from the Great Paterson Fire in 1902.


Church & Market Streets

The building in back of the soldier is the same one pictured in the old postcard below:

http://www.patersonhistory.com/pictures/pictures/marketsteast1.jpg

Note: While searching for pictures of Paterson on the web, I came across the photo of this old postcard. Notice on the end of the post card it was supposed to be delivered to 358 Pacific Street in Paterson. I lived at 356 Pacific Street until 1949 when I was four and then we moved  across the street with my Grandfather and stayed there until I was 18 - How strange is that???  :o)



The way it looks now:


Church Street looking down toward Market Street


Paterson was a beautiful, wonderful, vibrant city.  I even moved back to South Paterson when I married, but finally had to leave in '76. Such a shame, it was a great place to grow up in.
(I was down that way about 10 years ago and didn't even recognize the place anymore)

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Couldn't believe that old postcard was on-line!

      Delete
  2. Wow that is interesting about the postcard! Love the old pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that odd? I love "Then and Now" pictures - Might do one on my old neighborhood one day - Have to dig out the old pics from when I was little. So many changes!

    ReplyDelete